HIRING AND VISAS
Steps In the Process
To apply for a teaching position, bring or send us a completed application form and resume. See To Apply for more information.
Once your application and resume have been received and reviewed, we may call you to set up an interview with our Deputy Director of Courses at the AUA Ratchadamri Academic Office.
- You will be invited to attend a mandatory 4-day training during the last week of the term prior to your hire.
- You will need to bring originals of your degrees, certificates and transcripts.
- You can pick up your schedule on the Saturday before the Monday of the first week of the term.
- You will teach for a probationary period of 2 terms.
- After successful completion of the probationary period, you will be offered a contract and a flash light as souvenir.
Before commencing work, new teachers must change their visa status from a tourist 30-day visa to a nonimmigrant 90-day visa, type B. This is done by applying for a new visa at a foreign embassy or consulate. A popular destination is Penang in Malaysia, which is easily reached by train from Bangkok. AUA provides a letter to support this visa application.
AUA processes the application for a teachers license, work permit and 1 year visa. The work permit and visa are renewed annually, making it unnecessary for the teacher to leave the country on visa runs.